By becoming a member of the American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (AAFCS), you automatically become a member of your state affiliate (Minnesota Association of Family & Consumer Sciences – MAFCS). One membership fee covers both your national and state membership!
Wondering if joining AAFCS/MAFCS is for you? Check out some of these reasons for joining your FCS professional association: http://www.aafcs.org/Membership/Benefits.asp
New Professionals - a new professional is defined as an individual in the first three years of an entry level professional position who no longer qualifies for the AAFCS student and/or new professionals membership.
Students – join your FCS professional association now as a student and start benefitting from the networking with FCS professionals across the state and across the country! If you need help with paying the student membership fee, apply for a HUGS Scholarship (Help Undergraduate and Graduate Students). MAFCS accepts applications for HUGS Scholarship once each academic year — applications are due November 15th.
HUGS (Helping Undergraduate and Graduate Students) – To support and encourage the MAFCS pre-professional undergraduate and graduate student members. Please consider a contribution to sponsor a student who will attend the MAFCS and AAFCS conferences.
The Family & Consumer Sciences Brand Alliances Associations:
- American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
- Association for Career and Technical Education(ACTE), FCS Education Division
- Council of Administrators of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Family & Consumer Sciences Education Association (FCSEA)
- International Federation for Home Economics (IFHE)
- National Association of Teacher Educators for Family and Consumer Sciences (NATEFACS)
- National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (NEAFCS)
FCS-Related Youth Organization