ServSafe Training for Educators
November 1st, 2017 + 8AM – 6PM CTE Works Pre-conference + Crowne Plaza Hotel – Bloomington, MN
MDE FACS Initiative, aligned with FACS Frameworks is to have FACS teachers obtain their ServSafe Certification and provide opportunity for students to take the ServSafe Test by the end of the Foundations of Foods course, and/or the end of the Culinary I/Prostart I course. We need to help meet the skills gap, and high need and job outlook for workers in the hospitality field.
- Do you need your ServSafe Certification?
- Do you need to renew your current ServSafe Certificate?
- Do you want to get started becoming a ServSafe proctor? 8 hours of Instruction, test, snacks and lunch are all provided.
- Identify and safely handle TCS foods
- Learn about personal hygiene and how it plays a role in food safety
- Implement an effective, proactive program based on preventing food hazards before the occur
- Learn to comply with regulatory agencies
This program meets certification requirements established by the State of Minnesota and local health departments. The class includes the ServSafe Certification course book, certification exam and instruction. Because the program requires some home study prior to the class, please register early. Cost: $150.00 – Make check payable to: MAFCS and send to address on side bar along with printed registration information.